Tuesday 26 August 2014

Remembering being spooked by mannequins, walking barefoot upon wetgrass ...




Late yesterday afternoon, the rain eased, then stopped - 

We'd just come back from shopping in Poole - Anne had bought me a red checked shirt - 

Walking through the Dolphin Centre, I'd been unnerved by the pale mannequins in their brilliantly lit windows - 

I inagined them moving, very very slowly - their slender flawless bodies would assume new positions - they would turn their heads and open their beautiful sightless eyes - 

I put down my crumpet, heaped up with silky dollops of blackcurrant jam - I went outside, into the newly washed garden - 

I walked barefoot over the chill shining lawn - I stared up at the clouds - 

I watched two rooks, flying above the pine trees - 

Raindrops glittered upon each blade of grass - 

I had no need for my watch - I listened for hunting horns - 

17.00
July 25 2014

Standing on the lawn
The Old School House


No comments:

Post a Comment