Friday 1 August 2014

At the Thali Cafe, Camp Bestival ...



I'm sipping a wonderful Masala Coffee in Camp Bestival - I could be in a canvas suburb of Shoreditch - there are many young men sporting beards - 

Trance music pulses in a huge tent - rows of bright flags catch the salty wind - inside the delicate Anglican church, they'll be playing Neil Young's Harvest this afternoon - 

Anne's singing Nkosi Sikelel on the steps of the castle, under august stone -  

Dads are wearing gaudy tee shirts - golden horses whirl round on a calliope - 

Children have their faces painted - they look like wilful spirits - women are robed in long filmy dresses - 

I buy David Lynch's Dream - 

They're now singing All around my hat

There's excitement in the air - I imagine life lived as a carnival - 

11.35
August 1 2014

Lulworth Castle 
Bestival







No comments:

Post a Comment