Friday 4 April 2014

Meeting Doctor Bagi ...






I was a little apprehensive about meeting Doctor Bagi - I wondered what the Ayuvedic 
treatments would be like - what strange oils might be applied to my naked body? - what would it be like to fast for twelve days, to drink thimblefuls of black tea rather than opulent lattes?

We had our initial consultation very soon after our arrival at the Ayuvedic Centre - Doctor Bagi regarded me gravely with his deep set eyes - he was younger than I had expected, a fervent practitioner of an ancient discipline - 

I grew to be very fond of this gifted man, with his eloquence and love of music - he'd visit us every evening, sometimes performing magic tricks -

When I was a boy, I'd practise for hours - I would see the magician, coming round the villages, with his tricks - 

Once he made my watch stop - I gasped with astonishment like an artless boy - 

No comments:

Post a Comment