Wednesday 30 April 2014

Chasing the sun in Shoreditch ...






We met Paul in Shoreditch, outside the Oasis Exhibition - a mural across the street depicted Conan, warding off a panther in a Cimmerian jungle - not far from the mighty thewed barbarian, a naked Amazon awaited her fate -

A young creative with an intricate beard strolled by - 

Inside the Chasing the Sun exhibition, I gazed at wonderful iconic photographs of the band - there was one photograph of the two brothers which especially caught my eye - 

They stare at the camera, stony faced, like disdainful angels, wearying of the mean world - 

I thought of all those other furious gifted boys, waiting for their moment - 

We found a room, replicating exactly the one featured on the cover of Definitely Maybe -  

We assumed the attitudes of three of the members of the band - a girl took our photograph - 

Sophie advised me to use the word space in Shoreditch conversations - 

I narrowed my eyes, murmuring the name of the gallery - The londonnewcastle Project Space -




No comments:

Post a Comment