Sunday 13 April 2014

Chrysta Bell in Oslo ...




The bar in Oslo reminded me of the one in Stalker - I half expected to see a man with burning eyes standing next to me, waiting to take me to the Zone -

The night club occupied a former railway station - I felt at ease within its distressed spaces - I was soothed by the Nordic aesthetic - 

Sophie led me through dark corridors to the performance area - the air was filled with pale smoke -

She was taking me to see Chrysta Bell, one of David Lynch's muses - 

Standing amongst the rapt crowd before the small stage, I thought of the closing scenes of Wings of Desire

I could sense, all around me, shadowy figures dancing slowly - angels were listening to our thoughts - 

The beautiful sinuous chanteuse, her face painted with light, was singing her unsettling songs - drums pulsed - 

Smokey tendrils of desire and imagination reached out towards us through the haunted air - 




No comments:

Post a Comment