Wednesday 18 March 2015

Walking like Jep Gambardella by the silky sea ...






I walked like Jep Gambardella across the sand - a shining mist hung over the silky sea - small waves washed over razor shells - filmy clouds moved across the pale blue sky -

The tide was exceptionally low, revealing gleaming runways of ridged sand - 

We saw three riders in white horses moving through the dunes - 

Gorse bushes were bejewelled with yellow flowers - 

Startled geese flew low over the waves - a lurcher bounded through the shallows -

We sat for a while by the beach huts - we heard the quiet voice of the sea -  

I buttoned up my invisible silk jacket - I carried on walking with my hands clasped behind my back - 
 

14.00
18 March 2015

Middle Beach
Studland 
Isle of Purbeck




No comments:

Post a Comment