Thursday 5 March 2015

Low tide at Lulworth Cove, a still pool of time ...






I'm sitting cross legged upon white pebbles - it's just before noon - gentle waves are breaking upon sand uncovered by the falling tide - 

Water from a fast flowing stream is coursing over the pebbles - dark rocks glisten with broad ribbons of kelp -

A lean fisherman and a brawny girl are hauling a dinghy up the beach - two dogs are running swiftly over the sand - 

Bright sunlight warms me - a brave sun hangs in the sky - gulls have settled upon the water near the mouth of the cove - small fishing boats are moored offshore - 

High chalk cliffs encircle the cove - today, there's no wind, the pale blue sea is calm - 

I sit here, in a still pool of time, my watch stopped, my mind quiet - 


12.05
March 5 2015

The pebble beach
Lulworth Cove








 

No comments:

Post a Comment