Tuesday 17 March 2015

The placid china head ...






That'll be eight
the silver fox grinned - 

I gazed at his silk scarf, his blue jacket, the collarless shirt - 

I imagined this raffish antiques dealer putting a monkey on Diva Dancer in the Saint Leger or Northumberland Plate - 

We lolled upon worn sofas, eating toasted banana bread - 

Earlier, we followed a golden thread through a labyrinth of antiques - 

I'd admired a pristine bowler, nesting upon a hat stand - a Punjabi sideboard was a faded jewel of richly decorated wood - brave Fupi was menaced by ravening crocodiles - a ouija table invited spirits - a shapely mannequin smiled a 1970s smile - 

I sipped my Americano - around us, families celebrated Mother's Day - 

I thought about the phrenology bust I'd seen, placed next to some glistening vases - 

What thoughts, I wondered, were slowly flickering inside that placid head?


16.00
Sunday 15 March 2015

Cafe
Dortchester Curiousity Centre
Dortchester





No comments:

Post a Comment