Monday 9 March 2015

Durlston Country Park, crocus flowers, a roll of Namibian dollars ...




I gazed down at the sea between dark trees - bare branches were like thin bones - fallen leaves half covered serpentine roots - kelp stirred below the waves - rocks rose from the sea bed to snare mariners - 

I walked through the park towards Durlston Castle - a salty wind blew through the undergrowth - at the base of one leafless beech tree I saw a cluster of crocus flowers, each flower perfect, brimming with artless joy - ancient moss cloaked a dry stone wall - 

Inside the castle, a shapely barista handed me a cappuccino - I gazed for long moments at an exhibition of found objects, harvested from the South West Coastal Path - shells, pebbles, a withered leaf, three rolls of Namibian dollars - 


12.00
7 February 2015

Durlston 
Isle of Purbeck











No comments:

Post a Comment