Monday 27 June 2016

Forgetting Referendum Blues ...




Swimming, I thought, would make me forget my Referendum Blues

I'd put on my wetsuit, and swim in the blameless sea -

I found the wetsuit inside a neglected wardrobe, curled up in a nest of tweed - 

I bought it ten years ago in St Agnes - 

We drove to Studland in the red wounded beast - 

Qashqais filled the National Trust car park  - 

We walked past dads in shorts towards Knoll Beach - 

Fearless children braved the icy zinging waves - 

Dogs chased tennis balls - mums towelled daughters dry - 

We made our camp amongst the dunes - 

Tweets counted for nothing whilst I was swimming - 

Afterwards, I lay upon the sand 

Peeling off my suit, I felt the wind upon my skin - 

My mind was emptied of thoughts - there were no words upon my tongue - 


13.30
Monday 27 June 2016

Studland 
Dorset


















No comments:

Post a Comment