Saturday 4 June 2016

A bundle of Gollancz ...




You've taken a photograph of my father's books 
- those were his books - 

I turned to see a tall woman, smiling, straight backed, wearing beautifully distressed clothes - 

She stood by the quirky memorabilia which had caught my eye - 

He was a conscientious objector she said  - he knew Kingsley Martin

When I was at school, the Headmaster asked me to remove my CND badge

I said no - and that if he made me, there'd be an article about it in next week's New Statesman

I was one of the Woodcraft Folk

I spent a lot of my childhood naked

On the hill behind my father's farm there was a CND sign carved into the field

The Ordnance Survey never showed it on their maps


14.30
Saturday 4 June 2016

The Arty Bazaar
Corfe Castle 
Dorset 





No comments:

Post a Comment