Sunday 18 October 2015

The long afternoon would fill the world ...



I walked with my mum and dad to church this morning - 

It's a bit fresh my dad said - 

He leaned upon his stick - my mum bowled ahead with her sholley

I knew the secrets of every uneven pavement - 

Three men stood waiting outside The Parchment Makers - girls took sad selfies in McDonalds - 

The church bells were ringing - 

Sunday with my parents was just beginning - 

Later there would be chops followed by New Forest Ice Cream - 

Zowie my dad would say - dinner for the field gun crew - 

We would sit in the lounge of memory -

My mum would fall asleep - The Mail on Sunday would slip out of her hands - 

The long afternoon would fill the world - 


15.00
Sunday 18 October 2015

Havant 



No comments:

Post a Comment