Tuesday 27 October 2015

The elfin Sharon Halderthay put down her shining instruments ...





The elfin Sharin Halderthay put down her shining instruments - 

A Cliff Richard song was playing on nostalgia radio - 

I'll see you in six months time Sharon said - 

I skipped out of 740 Dental grinning like a no good boyo - 

For years and years I'd been afraid of dentists - 

I remembered the smell of the rubber mask, jammed over my face by Mr Dwyer - I'd been ten years old, wiggling fearfully in the terrible chair - 

Now though, Sharon had laid to rest the white coated ghosts - 

Marylyn was right - she's the dentist for the very very nervous she'd told me - 

I crossed Christchurch Road for a cappuccino in The Crooked Book

The members of the Knitting Club were knitting - 

I picked up a copy of Patrick Leigh Fermor's The Traveller's Tree

I read about the Taino

John Agard had evoked their edenic community in Roll Over Atlantic - his true words had filled my heart with melancholy - 

After the performance, standing on moonlit cobbles, Mark Andrews had said Columbus was a shit


11.45
Monday 26 October 2015

The Crooked Book
Boscombe
Bournemouth




No comments:

Post a Comment