Thursday 8 October 2015

Sitting cross legged upon Chapel Hill ...






I'm sitting cross legged upon Chapel Hill - 

Two doves flew behind me into Saint Catherine's Chapel - light ran like water across the threshold -

From time to time, I know I have to come here - 

I want to scratch prayers upon the enduring stone, to stand in the murmuring ancient air wondering who I am - 

Today skylarks sung under the blue sky - the sea was a silver screen - 

Votive offerings were left in wall niches - a jam jar contained a prayer wrapped in dove's feathers -  

A broken window framed heaven - 

A man older than I came in - his lean body was brown and straight - 

I came here thirty years ago he said - my three daughters were with me then - 


12.26
Thursday 8 October 2015

Chapel Hill
Abbotsbury 
Dorset 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment