Tuesday 13 October 2015

Twilight in Wareham ...




I ordered a small cod small chips with four pickled onions in The Chipperies - 

I ate with my fingers, listening to the news in the red wounded beast - 

Sainsbury's car park was a Skoda graveyard - 

I saw one of Wareham's characters - he was wearing his blue crocs - his oily rug was like a glistening black sou'wester - 

I binned my vinegar soaked newspaper - 

The gentle town was silent - 

I walked down St John's Hill to the Town Quay - 

Lamp posts illuminated my drowsy path - 
 
A white yacht was moored up near the bridge - 

A scholarly looking mariner busied himself with clever ropes - 

The silky river carried my sad thoughts to the sea - 

It was time to go to The Rex - 

I saw A Walk In The Woods

Robert Redford was like a noble mountain, eroded by wind and rain - 


Evening
Monday 13 October 2015

Wareham
Purbeck
Dorset





No comments:

Post a Comment