Thursday 11 February 2016

The nuclear submarines slept in the dark water ...





For once I turned on Channel 5 - 

For an hour I was lost, joyously, in conspiracy - 

The first episode of the new X Files had all I wanted, or needed - 

There was the beautiful sinister flying saucer, crashing at Roswell - there were its remains, like the opened petals of a dark flower - 

There was the laconic man in black, there was the naive scientist, cradling a dying grey

There was Fox, older now, and jowly, yet still wounded - 

There was Scully, still doubting, still beautiful - 

There was the smoking man, enigmatic in a wood panelled room, a lackey holding a Marlboro up to the hole on his throat - 

I sat back in my chair - 

I remembered watching the original series with my dad - 

He'd longed to see a flying saucer - 

He'd gazed at the night sky above the Gare Loch - 

The nuclear submarines slept in the dark water - 


23.30
Tuesday 9 February 2016

The Old School a House
East Stoke 
Dorset 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment