Monday 1 February 2016

The kindly bottles ....



Every morning, just before half past eleven, my dad will look at his watch - 

I'll think I'll have a can he'll say - 

He'll go to the grog cupboard and rummage amongst the kindly cans and bottles -  

By tradition, he'll pick up a can of Tanglefoot

He'll clean the top of the can with a paper towel - 

He'll sit in his armchair with The Times - 

I only have one a day he'll say - 

Within fifteen minutes he'll be placing a sad glass upon a kitchen worktop - 

He'll be laying the table and singing take me back to Oggie Land

We're trying to get my dad to drink gentler beers - 

We smuggle them into the house - Badger First Call - Adnams Southwold Bitter - Ballards Best Bitter

My dad picks them up, smiles as he does so - 

I only have one a day he says - 


11.25
Sunday 31 January 2016

Staunton Road
Havant

No comments:

Post a Comment