Friday 12 February 2016

Reading Stephen King ...



Yesterday, I snarfed a sly half English in Beavers

I'd bought a creepy Stephen King in the Oxfam Bookshop - 

After my gaffer's feast, I skim read the pages where the Buick 8 spat out a "thin and wrinkled yellow nightmare"

For many years I'd never dreamed of reading a Stephen King - 

The novels looked like blood soaked breeze blocks - 

Then I'd read Doctor Sleep, followed by Revival

Reading those books once more I was a wide eyed nervy boy, dreaming wild dreams in my narrow bed - 

Swanage could be a small town surrounded by darkness - 

Coals burned in the stove - 

I could be a state trooper, my cruiser parked outside - 

I'd soon hear a message on the radio - 

"Base, this is 14 - Code 29-99, do you copy? - Two-niner-niner"


12.15
Thursday 11 February 2016

Beavers 
Swanage 
Dorset 



No comments:

Post a Comment