Tuesday 16 February 2016

Last night I was Tarantino'd ...



Last night, I was Tarantino'd - I saw The Hateful Eight at The Rex - 

A blizzard swept across a wilderness - beautiful horses were urged forward through thigh deep snow - 

Bounty hunters harvested outlaws with long barrelled pistols - 

Killers disguised themselves with bizarre identities - 

A mad dog Johnny Reb fawned upon a former Confederate general - 

A black Revenger treasured his letter from Abraham Lincoln - 

A snarling murderess was chained to a bounty hunter called The Hangman

Soon eyes were narrowed, pistols leapt into sanguinary hands - 

Blood fountained in a mesmerising ballet of ultraviolence - bullets flew slowly through the air like terrible birds - 

The murderess danced a jig when she was hanged - 

I peered at the screen through my fingers - 

Earlier, in the tiny bar of the cinema, Leigh had poured out my brimmer of Pinotage - 

Enjoy the film she'd said - 


22.00
Monday 15 February 2016

The Rex
Wareham
Dorset



No comments:

Post a Comment