Thursday 12 November 2015

Jonathon said "in the end it all goes - memory - thinking - everything"



Driving to Salisbury in the red wounded beast, remembered Jonathons's words - 
 
In the end it all goes he said - memory, thinking, everything

We were learning about Dementia - 

Jonathon leaned forward in his chair, slender and charismatic - he had the face of a careworn saint - 

I looked after a lady who never spoke he said - not a word - she just smiled

I wondered how it would be, for my past to be my present - 

No words would fly above the colourless grass I walked upon - 

My face in the mirror would become a strange mask - 

I drove through an avenue of trees - 

I got out the car - 

I reached out my thought to every leaf - 

A wind from the future blew against my face - 


11.30
Thursday 12 November 2015

Outside Salisbury
Wiltshire  





No comments:

Post a Comment