Tuesday 10 November 2015

Going to see The Martian ...



I'm off to The Rex tonight, to watch The Martian

I'll call in the bar first, where Leigh will pour me a Wainwright

Leigh spent her childhood in Simla - 

She warns me whenever a film has a sad ending -  

Jocelyn might be there, sipping her first Merlot - 

She'll greet favoured patrons with a splendidly drawled hello -  

Dougal, the projectionist, played Abanazar in Double Act's Aladdin - 

Tonight he'll bring the sands of Mars to Wareham - 
 
I'll sit in the auditorium under an orange  sky - 

I'll recite the names of Martian seas - Mare Sirenum - Mare Cimmerium - Mare Erythraeum

My ship will cast an ancient shadow - 


16.10
Tuesday 10 November 2015


The Old School House
East Stoke 
Dorset 







No comments:

Post a Comment