Wednesday 25 November 2015

Going to see Spectre ...



I'm going to see Spectre at The Rex tonight -  

I came across James Bond and Gregory Sallust at the same time - they were both sexy spooky killers - 

I'd read Goldfinger over one weekend, forgetting my homework - 

I gazed at the girl stretched out upon the paperback covers - 

Her gilded body haunted my eager dreams - 

I'd curl up on the sofa, watching Bond slaughter henchmen on the Ferguson TV - 

For a time Bond was part of my life - each year or so, there was another film showing at The Ritz - 

Bond would drive a savage Aston Martin, cheat death with a cynical appercu on his lips - 

Fantastic bunkers would be engulfed in flames - Q would raise a weary eyebrow - 

Then one day, we read Portrait of the Artist in the summer classroom - 

Nothing could be as simple and straightforward again - 


16.00
Wednesday 25 November 2015

The Old School House
East Stoke 
Dorset









No comments:

Post a Comment