Wednesday 13 May 2015

The Circus Zyair ...



On my way back from Waitrose, I walked past The Richard Cobden

The boarded up windows of the derelict pub were plastered with gaudy flyers - 

The Circus Zyair was in town - I'd seen the Big Top in the park - 

Lean motorcyclists would dice with death under bright canvas - clowns would gurn and caper - the marvelling audience would watch shapely girls cheat gravity - 

I recalled the trapeze artiste in Wings of Desire - the angel Cassiel had walked into her lonely dreams - he left the world of pale eternity to enter her world of colour - 

I wondered what angel might now be listening my thoughts - 

I could sense the touch of slender fingers upon my brow, picture the calm ancient eyes -


11.45
Tuesday 12 May 2015

West Street
Havant 
Hampshire 

No comments:

Post a Comment