Thursday 14 May 2015

A rainy morning in Wareham ...




I'm sitting in The Salt Pig, reading about Prince Charles' black spider memos

There, in front of me, is a photograph of a huge smooth royal face - 

The pages of my Independent are wrinkled by rainwater and scandal -

I'm still chilled by the sudden cloudburst - 

The High Street is almost empty - puddles brim - raindrops stream down the hoods of cagoules - 

There's no sign of the Crossword Gang

In the window, on their bed of ice, are bright fish and lobsters - 

I sip my cappuccino - 

A sloe-eyed girl is chalking today's menu upon a blackboard - 

The rain's stopping - 

Soon the road sweeper with the cowboy hat will appear - 

The gentle town will wait for sunshine - 


11.30
Thursday 14 May 2015

The Salt Pig
Wareham 
Purbeck







 

No comments:

Post a Comment