Saturday 17 May 2014

Swimming at Akyaka ...




The Big Blue overlooked the town beach - we sipped our cappuccinos, watching the kite surfers - one was whirled into the air for many yards by the wind - waves splashed over the heads of larking boys - olive skinned girls ran hand in hand through the shallows - 

Wooded hills, thick with pine, enclosed the bay - opulent clouds moved across the sky - a formidable cliff rose high above the raffish seaside town - a bravo rode by on a red Harley Davidson - 

The turquoise sea drew me to it - I changed quickly into my swimming costume - I skipped over the soft smooth sand, skirting feverish games of football, eager for the zinging waves - 

Soon I was swimming, lost in the moment, no longer thinking, only feeling -

Akyaka Town Beach
1.00
17 May 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment