Saturday 31 May 2014

Angelika's magical garden ...







Yesterday, we saw Angelika, sculpting in her magical garden - she was using a clawed chisel - 

Angelika told us that she could see the figures she would free from the stone - 

I liked her sculpture of a child eating an apple and reading - 

When I was young, Angelika said, I would go into the cellar of our house - there were apples in boxes there - I would pick up some apples and I would have a book to read - these were my favourite things

I walked along the paths snaking around the garden, lingering in ferny arbours, brushing against fragrant shrubs - 

There was a pergola, fashioned out of bleached fallen branches - 

Passionate stone heads rose out of vivid greenery - 

I lost myself in this wonderful space -

I imagined myself carving the ancient stone - 

Sometimes it takes years to make said Angelika - 




No comments:

Post a Comment