Sunday 11 May 2014

Pete and Maire talk about The Yellow Shop ...


Pete leaned against the archway in the kitchen, looking more like Serge Gainsbourg than ever - he'd asked for chilled white wine to drink - his voice was very gentle and beguiling - 

As I gulped down my own bumper, I wondered what it must be like to be so charming - I'd always been shy, blushing when girls spoke to me, tongue tied and too thin - though, perhaps, that too, was not without a certain charm - 

Pete was telling us about his customers in The Yellow Shop

There's Simon - he's very camp - he'll borrow small sums of money, for a loaf and some milk

One of Pete's customers killed someone - there's a woman who says Jesus got her pregnant - 

Maire then says there's Bill - he looks normal - he has out of the body experiences - he sees himself, leaving his body, and he goes off, and does things - then he comes back - he sees auras around people, clear as day -

Pete smiles - we then sit down to dinner - Pete talks about one of his brothers moving to Indiana - Maire talks about Ireland - I've only one aunt left there now

Icy rain sweeps across the valley - I admire Maire's beautiful auburn hair - she smokes a cigarette - 


No comments:

Post a Comment