Tuesday 9 May 2017

Like an Indian Scout up San Diego Road ...




We spent an hour or so in the company of gentle bric a brac -

We were idling away Sunday morning in an Antiques Fayre

Tessa admired a wooden mask - 

I read some pages of The Annals of Mont Blanc

Cigarette cards recalled days when people smoked in dance halls - 

The detritus of small lives was washed up upon folding tables - 

We were served tea and cake by a nervy irritable woman - 

I'm in a hurry she said - how do you like your tea ?

I kept my red admission ticket - 

It was like the ticket I'd been given when I saw films at The Criterion

I'd hooted with the other boys at the cowboys on the screen - 

I can recall even now the itchy darkness of the small cinema - 

I'd walked back home like an Indian Scout up San Diego Road - 


11.30
Sunday 7 May 2017

Village Hall
Corfe Castle 
Dorset 









No comments:

Post a Comment