Friday 12 May 2017

It's all changed now ...



Over coffee cake and cappuccino, Marylyn reminded us of once familiar names -

I remembered the playground, the staff room, the boys playing table tennis before the start of school - 

Rod had made us coffee each morning with moscovado sugar - 

I'd walked from classroom to classroom wearing a dark blue suit - 

Each door had opened upon a different adventure - 

In one classroom, boys would be reading Of Mice And Men, calmly reflecting upon the nature of the American Dream - 

Just down the corridor, they'd be sparking up in the toilets - 

Sir, the Poles are fighting I'd be told - 

How could I forget those days I thought - 

How could I forget all those good people -

Len sighed a northern sigh - 

It's all changed now he said - 


11.00
Friday 12 May 2017

Wimborne 

No comments:

Post a Comment