Friday 10 March 2017

The man with a one toothed smile ...





I'm in charge
said the man with his one toothed smile - 

Behind him were stilled clocks, wine glasses brimming with dust, a wooden effigy of an Egyptian God - 

Haven't you got cash ? he asked - 

His oppo leaned back in the creaking chair - 

I went to Shaftesbury Antique Market with two grand in my pocket - 

Do you know what I spent ? - 

£4 - on a pasty ! - 

We handed over two small notes for the folding chair - 

The oppo laughed - 

Is that all ?

I thought you were set on buying up the whole unit

I imagined, for a moment, that we were - 

What stories would we hear from those sad toys, that trumpet, that wind up gramophone?


15.29
Friday 10 March 2017

Dedannan Antiques Centre
Dortchester
 



No comments:

Post a Comment