Thursday 30 March 2017

Poets singing in New York ...



How's your sports car? 
I asked the man who looked like Bill Murray in Lost In Translation

His wife went to Anne's yoga class - 

We often came across each other in the gym - 

I'd murmur morning and he'd smile his melancholy smile - 

Just like Bill Murray, I'd think, in the scene where he tells Charlotte I'll be in the bar the rest of the week - 

Fine he said - driving with the top down now - 

We've got two safe cars I said - a Peugeot and a Golf

I remembered a ride in a MorganRussell then suggesting we each buy half of an Aston Martin -

You have to drive with the top down Will had said - 

In my dreams I'd driven a landship from
Dublin to Castletown - 

A noble horse had won me a fortune in the Irish Derby - 

I lived in a house above the ocean - 

Through the opened windows I heard poets singing in New York - 


11.00
Thursday 30 March 2017

Purbeck Sports Centre 
Wareham
Dorset 

No comments:

Post a Comment