Wednesday 31 October 2012




The Dream

I had this dream when I was young –
It’s with me still – it will never leave –

Inside a moonlit temple, I saw a shining boy –
He stood inside a mirror,
Time flowed down its glass –

The moon was in the sky above me,
I could see its frozen seas –

In dim archways, shadowy girls were statues,
Pointing to the secret worlds –

A bead of blood was a jewel on my skin –
The bright green brambles had pierced me,
Letting the dreams come in –

I flew up like a bird from my innocent bed,
Bare skinned in the icy light –
I flew over the narrow town like a secret unsaid

I saw the roads where I would live my life –
Every door opened upon a nest of care –
Every hedge was made of silvered glass

A song then filled the spellbound night,
Gathered from all the years –
Summoned shapes flew past the stars –

A voice like velvet came into my head,
Very low and sweet,
Show that which is hidden –
Time is the simplest thing she said 


No comments:

Post a Comment