Sunday 22 October 2017

Walking on Middle Beach ...




I'm at Middle Beach - 


National Trust cafe patrons are looking at their I phones - 

Cappuccinos are sipped at silent tables -

A courtly prophet mans the till - 

I admire his beard - 

A sign says on the beach we forget to count the days - 

I've unwound my green keffiyeh- 

A soft rain is falling from a pale grey sky -

Rich pelts of seaweed cover the sand - 

I think of my parents - 

There's no need for a watch in the lounge of memory- 

Each long day is the same - 

Yet each moment is instantly forgotten -

The two people I loved, and still love, are like shells upon this beach - 

They are washed clean, scoured empty by the waves - 


14.35
Sunday 22 October 2017

Middle Beach
Studland
Dorset 




No comments:

Post a Comment