Thursday 19 October 2017

Little Bindon ...




This hidden garden above the sea still haunts my dreams - 

It's been seven years since I came here - 

Then the gate had been left open -

We'd lingered amongst secret greenery -  

Roses had climbed up lichened stone - 

The ancient house had been flooded with summer light  - 

Arched windows gave up their secrets - 

I walked across a mossy lawn - 

Each footstep had hardly marked the grass - 

Beyond the warm wall was the edge of the world - 

Now, this morning in October, the gate is shut - 

A dull sky presses down upon the dripping trees - 

Yet the memory of that afternoon remains - 

I see once more the bright shadows -

I feel once more the beautiful fragility of my heart - 


11.57
Thursday 19 October 2017

Little Bindon
Lulworth Cove
Dorset 










No comments:

Post a Comment