Sunday 24 January 2016

The Albanians ...



When I parked the red wounded beast, I saw the Albanians - 

They were wearing bomber jackets and had large shaven heads - their black jeans were speckled with white dust - around their wrists were fastened dangerous watches - 

They stand in the street Richard said - keeping an eye on their cars

There was no sign of the man Phil called moth man

The Albanians listened to faraway voices on their mobile phones - 

They stood motionless outside a small house - 

I could half see women's faces behind the filmy curtains - 

Two black BMWs waited for their drivers - 

Later, I would sleep fitfully, dreaming of strange cities - 

I would stand in the street whilst the Albanians still slept - 

The lamp posts would cast their light under a dark sky - 

Foxes would steal past the pale stones in the Jewish cemetery - 

I would breath the air of a beautiful empty world - 


2016

Southsea 

No comments:

Post a Comment