Saturday 29 August 2015

Three dragonflies, a biplane and a grasshopper ...



Stretched out upon the warm pale sand, I traced the flight of three dragonflies - 

One settled near me, its wings still for an instant - its abdomen was like a tiny blue stiletto - 

It took to the air again, flying above my head, darting back and forth, hovering, veering towards the sea, zig zagging above the gorse bushes, hunting I suppose - 

I tried in vain to photograph the dragonflies - they moved so fast with their spooky aerial geometry - 

I took a photograph instead of a grasshopper, which stood motionless, like a marvellous Lilliputian automaton, upon my keffiyeh - 

A few moments later, a biplane flew above the bay, then over the beach - 

It looks like a dragonfly I thought - 

13.30
Saturday 29 2015

Middle Beach
Studland 











No comments:

Post a Comment