Friday 7 August 2015

Anne's rewound the clocks ...






I'm sitting in Beth's garden - 

Bright sunshine warms the emptied house - 

Anne's on the phone to Tessa - 

We're waiting for the men from the charity shop she says - 

Cardboard boxes are heaped up in the lounge - 

We've packed away a life - 

A few moments ago, I found the itinerary of Beth's jaunt to India and Nepal - 

My spirits lifted - 

I imagined Beth, in the dancing aircraft, peering out the window at Mount Everest -  

There she was, sipping chai in Kathmandu, getting ready to go on a sunset tour to Kakani

There would always be those golden days, I thought - the pilgrimage to Lourdes - time ashore in Suva - 

Anne's rewound the clocks - 

Their chimes evoke memories like a soft wind stirring fallen leaves - 


12.55
Friday 7 August 2015

Beth's house 
Wincanton 





No comments:

Post a Comment