Tuesday 28 April 2015

Walking to St Adhelm's Chapel ...



This morning, walking with Penelope from Renscombe Farm to St Aldhelm's Head, I saw a field of bright grass - 

When I went this way in winter, each pothole was glazed with ice - the frozen chalk shone in pale icy sunlight - 

Now we saw three swallows fly low above the rippling grass - 

The white coastguard cottages reminded me of an Edward Hopper painting -

I imagined entering a room with pale blue walls - a woman was sitting upon an unmade bed - she held a shell in her brown hand - 

Inside the chapel we saw dark stone and white flowers -  

I felt the weight of time - 

I stood on the cliff top, hoping that I might see dolphins in the shining sea - 



11.30
Tuesday 28 April 2015

At Adhelm's Head


 

No comments:

Post a Comment