Wednesday 22 April 2015

The Log store ...



Last week, I assembled a log store -

It was the first time since woodwork in secondary school that I'd used a screwdriver

In my mum and dad's garage, there's the small book case I made when I was twelve years old - 

I can remember planing the wood, the smell and feel of the shavings - 

The wood work classroom was a strange kingdom of sawdust - 

There were boys' initials carved into the surface of the benches - 

The blades of the chisels were like bright narrow teeth - 

I placed my Sci Fi pulps into my skewed shelves, my Moorcocks, my Bradburys - 

Soon I would place apple logs in the log store - 

I still had my copy of Something Wicked This Way Comes  


18.01
Friday April 22 2015

The garden
The Old School House
East Stoke
Dorset






No comments:

Post a Comment