Wednesday 22 March 2017

Its tangled branches were leafed with blue ...



I've just mowed the lawn - 

It's the second time I've mowed it this year - 

The first time, I had to stop after a couple of minutes of mowing - 

The mower juddered and groaned, its oily innards banjaxed -

I had to drag it through the uncut grass, back to the shed with the cobwebbed bikes - 

The Lawnmower Man fixed the green beast - 

We stood on his driveway whilst police helicopters circled overhead - 

We'd driven past Fort Apache convenience stores - 

I affected the air of a man from the banjos - 

Today I left stripes on the tender grass - 

The apple tree's shadow touched my heels - 

Its tangled branches were leafed with blue - 


15.30
Wednesday 22 May 2017

The Old School House
East Stoke
Dorset 


No comments:

Post a Comment