Thursday 14 August 2014

The flooded quarry ...


The flooded quarry reflected the clouds - we rested in the shade of some trees, near a stream with a bed of shining pebbles - 

Alyson had gamely hobbled along Cawfield and Walltown Crags - she'd picked her way down steep stony paths like a delicate dowager - I was impressed by how spirited and brave she was - 

The newly qualified doctor had examined her ankle, reassuring her that it was badly sprained, not broken - 

I knew that I would have been a whey-faced misery if I'd been in Alyson's place - 

Yet her she was, telling me one more of her crazy wonderful stories - 

The headmistress had a cottage in the Yorskshire Dales - she said we could drop in anytime we were there - we turned up one summer, and she wasn't there - so we broke in, and made ourselves a cup of tea

15.30
July 11 2014

Walltown Quarry


No comments:

Post a Comment