Thursday 3 July 2014

The Newcastle Train ...


I'm sitting on the Newcastle train in Kings Cross, platform 3 - on Saturday, I'll start the walk along Hadrian's Wall, from Wallsend to Bowness on Solway - 

I gulped down a cappuccino in the shiny  concourse - 

Jay told me once they try to make railway stations look just like airports   

A nervy crowd surged forward when the train for Sunderland was announced - an
American woman narrowed her eyes in the station Starbucks - a willowy black boy kept close to her - 

The train is now leaving the station - we're moving swiftly past Victorian terraces and lagoons of 1930's villas - 

We're accelerating - already I'm looking forward to see northern skies, to gaze upon the Tyne - 

1.45
July 3 2014

The East Coast Newcastle Train
Just north of London


Hadrian's Wall 2014 (1)


No comments:

Post a Comment