Monday 21 August 2017

A well beaten third ...



Whilst he walked on Ballard Down, tipsters whispered names into Richard's ear - 

When I swam off South Beach, his horses were being given the office

Pulling my clothes back on, I sat with Richard and Penelope in the cafe overlooking the bay - 

A yacht with red sails skirted Old Harry - 

My heart was still pounding - 

There was sand in my hair -  

One mile two is the punters' graveyard Richard told me later - 

He drank his London Porter - 

When rain comes, form goes out of the window -  

Merlin didn't turn up with the magic today - 

It was a race for greys - my horse had a cloudy eye - he didn't stay - 

Frontiersman was a well beaten third I said - 


12.00
Saturday 19 2017

South Beach
Studland 

Old School House
East Stoke 

Dorset 



No comments:

Post a Comment