Saturday 10 December 2016

In The Java Coffee House ...





I shared a table with an Irishman and his dark haired wife in The Java Coffee House

They were talking with their soft beguiling voices about the sea - 

I rested my elbows upon salt stained wood, listening to their words - 

A slim witch handed me a perfect cappuccino - 

I gazed at a painting of two green brooding girls - 

A man in bright shirt spooned soup into a dark blue bowl - 

I turned to see a man with the face of a van Dyke Charles I - 

Three women dressed in green were laughing with a shy boy - 

I read about ogres in The Buried Giant

Outside, drizzly rain fell upon the small seaside town - 

Ballard Down was obscured by cloud - 


13.20
Saturday 10 December 2016

The Java Coffee House
Swanage
Dorset   



No comments:

Post a Comment