Thursday 10 November 2016

Where in the cold Hells of Niflheim is my shield? ...



I'm reading Conan of Cimmeria to take my mind off Trump - 

Yesterday, we'd spent some time in The Seagull -

We'd just been shown round a care home - 

There was a wake in progress in one of the bars - 

The Crem was a few avenues away -

There, on the pub screens, was the face of the orange ape - 

Never again, I thought, would I watch the news - 

We drove back through the edgelands - 

Darkness was falling - 

When I sat before the crackling fire, I opened the foxed treasure - 

Conan was in no mood to linger -

Let's go he barked - where in the cold Hells of Niflheim is my shield ?


20.00
Wednesday 9 November 2016

The Seagull 
Portchester 

Before the fire
The Old School House
East Stoke 
Dorset 

No comments:

Post a Comment