Monday 8 February 2016

Buying new glasses ...



This morning, I went to Spec Savers

I chose some glasses with minimalist blue frames - I looked like a raffish scholar - 

Wearing the polarised sunglasses, I was a consigliere - all I needed was an enigmatic smile - 

Each time I buy some new glasses, I imagine that they will turn me into another person - 

Once I had some glasses with tiny round lenses in wire frames - 

Wear them Annick would say - 

I'd take off my glasses with the dull black frames - 

Wearing the other glasses, I'd then enter Annick's world of glorious disorder - I'd listen to her wild stories - I'd smell the smoke in her hair - 

My present glasses are Jasper Conran - 

I bought them just before my diagnosis of bowel cancer - 

When I wear them, I remember sitting before the surgeon, hearing his grave voice, listening to his careful words - 


11.00
Monday 8 February 2016

Poole

No comments:

Post a Comment