Saturday 11 July 2015

King Toadfish ...





I met Jay at Stoke Newington Common
-

Looking out the window of the bus, I saw street people robed in blankets - 

The pavements teemed with indifferent walkers - 

I was now deep in the evening city - the air was balmy, carrying different languages - 

We drove past a graveyard with cherubs blowing trumpets amidst the lichened stones - 

Within the hour I was dancing - 

Percy's band played joyous guiless music - 

Saxophones poured out golden notes - 

Percy smiled at his musicians like a kindly sage -

Dancing I forgot the terrible bright days ahead - 

My years were like silver ribbons tied in my hair - 

Percy's daughter leapt upon a table - she beckoned Jay to dance - 

Bravo I shouted - bravo - bravo !!!


00.45
Saturday 11 July 2015

Bun&Bar
Harringay




No comments:

Post a Comment