Thursday 1 December 2022

The Emperor's Tomb ...



I found The Emperor's Tomb near a reef of Wisdens -

A wrought iron spiral staircase led me upwards to a room choked with thrillers -

In one corner, there was a literary deckchair -

An Enid Blyton still cast its creepy spell -


We lost all track of time amongst the foxed Penguins, the sinister Arrows -

I found a shelf of Wheatleys -

The Ka of Gifford Hillary -

Unholy Crusade -

Forbidden Territory -

The love of lurid prose momently consumed me -


Downstairs, I paid for The Emperor's Tomb in small coins -

Next to the till there was a strange brass lumpen creature -

I read the tag which was tied to its neck -

Please do not feed the homunculus it read -



7 November 2022

Wild And Homeless Books
Bridport

No comments:

Post a Comment