Monday 6 November 2017

We all curate our lives ...




I'm now a member of the Dorset County Museum - 

I'll sit in the library, soothed by learned Proceedings - 

I'll loiter in the Victorian Galleries - 

I'll gaze at a first edition of Weymouth Sands

Two stone Celtic Heads will trouble my dreams - 

Later,  I'll drink an Americano listening to 1940s swing -

I'll ask the waitress for some hot milk -  

She'll be wearing a red dress - 

I'll read a page or two of the Goncourt Diaries - 

I'll remember the museum I created as a boy - 

I can still see the worn Roman coin, the birds nest, my grandad's medals - 

We all curate our lives, I think - 

There they are, the memories we keep close - 

Each one is precious - the first kiss - the first touch of snow - 


14.40
Monday 6 November 2017

Dorset County Museum
Dortchester




No comments:

Post a Comment