Thursday, 21 April 2016

In Cafe Oscar ...



The youthful guide had tried hard to work the shivering crowd - 

We'd heard his cheery anecdotes about Queen Margrethe - 

Standing under the balcony  of the Radhus, he'd grinned and told us how she smoked twenty a day - 

When she walks through the park, she waves to people with one hand, and with her other hand, she hides her cigarette behind her back - 

But the rain and cold had leached into our bones - 

One statue of a king on horseback was followed by another - 

This is more like the free standing around tour Paul said - 

So we slipped away, finding warmth in Cafe Oscar - 

My spirits lifted as I sipped my Gaelic coffee - 

I unwrapped my scarf - 

I said tak when given my glass - 


16.42
Friday 15 April 2016

Cafe Oscar
Bredgade
Copenhagen




No comments:

Post a Comment